THE STOP DXB (“THE STOP DXB”) is strongly committed to respecting the privacy of all persons using our websites and mobile applications (collectively the “Website”) and the protection of any ‘personally identifiable information’ (“PII”). PII is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context and may include information such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address etc. as well as demographic, transactional and/or profile data.
PII may be collected when ordering, registering and/or submitting a query through our Website but it may also be collected when you fill out a form, subscribe to a newsletter or in circumstances in which you may choose to share it with us, for example, in our premises or via telephone, email or otherwise (the “Other Channels”).
Express Consent to Collection and Use of PII
As such, by accessing the Website and/or communicating with us through Other Channels, you grant THE STOP DXB a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty free, perpetual license to use your PII for the purposes set forth herein only.
We will retain your PII for as long as legally required and to support business purposes for which it was obtained. After such time we shall dispose of it promptly and securely.
How do we use your information?
We collect the PII to give us a better understanding of the persons using the Website, to enable us to contact you when needed, to collect aggregated site-visitation statistics and to, generally, improve your experience at the Website. We also reserve the right to use any user comments submitted to us for promotional purposes and by submitting such comments to us you agree that we may do so.
As such, we may use the PII we collect from you in the following ways (but not limited to):
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests;
- To send periodic emails regarding your order/reservation/queries;
- To market and promote products, offers and services to our mailing list;
- To provide you with location-based services such as advertising, search results and other personalized content.
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your PII. We do, however, reserve the right to share selected PII information with the following third parties:
- Our group companies and affiliates;
- Third-party databases to which THE STOP DXB and/or one of our group companies/affiliates subscribes, for example, third parties that provide support for our marketing and internal operations;
- As necessary to comply with regulations or law or to assist with law enforcement, or to protect our property, other rights or safety of THE STOP DXB, the users of the Website, or the public;
- Agencies who assist us to collate statistics, for example, site traffic, sales, demographics and other commercial information.
If you supply us with your PII, you may receive mail from us with information on our services, products, special offers or upcoming events, as well as newsletters or publications that may be of interest to you.
We do, however, agree to the following:
- Not to use false or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarter
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used
- Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can simply opt-out by following the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
How do we protect your PII?
The Website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our Website as safe as possible and to prevent, for example, accidental loss or unauthorised disclosure.
That being aid, although we strive to take commercially reasonably security precautions, users and visitors of the Website acknowledge and agree that THE STOP DXB does not control the transfer of information or data (including the PII) via the Website or over or any other electronic facilities or media.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
By using our Website, you agree to the placing of cookies on your device. Cookies can neither damage user files nor can they read information from users’ hard drives and only we will be able will be able to read the Cookie that the Website creates. No Cookies used by THE STOP DXB are stored permanently on your device and all Cookies are automatically removed from your device either when you close your Web browser or the session times out.
However, you can choose to have your device warn you each time a Cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all Cookies. You do this through your Web browser settings. To find out how to do this please consult your Web browsers help section. If you disable Cookies, some features will be also be disabled. It may affect the users experience that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Advertising on our Website
Third party links
At times, you may be able to access certain third-party websites through links on our Website. We are not, however, responsible for any other websites, their respective privacy policies or content nor how they treat PII. We strongly encourage you to check the policies of all the destination sites that you visit.
You understand that THE STOP DXB does not provide any warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning our ability to control, collect, access, use, store or transfer any PII or concerning the existence or effectiveness of any security measures undertaken by us. You agree that THE STOP DXB will not be liable for any claims, loss or damages of any kind whatsoever which may result from the access, disclosure, use or modification by any party not authorised by us or authorised by us, or the introduction of viruses, worms or other harmful elements into the system and their possible effects on your personal information.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will THE STOP DXB, its affiliates, group companies, partners and their respective employees, officers, directors or insurers be liable to you or to any other person for any costs, damages (including special, incidental, exemplary, indirect or consequential damages), or liability of any nature, arising or resulting from the collection, use, transfer, processing or storage of PII obtained by us and resulting from your access to and use of the Website or collected by Other Channels.
THE STOP DXB La Mer, North Beach, N27
Tel: +971 4 8748537